NETMCDO — CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!
Our NETMCDO 25th Annual Conference Celebration:
Tuesday & Wednesday, June 2 & 3 from 1 pm - 4 pm eastern, both days
FULL SCHEDULE BELOW
SELECT VIDEO PRESENTATION and SESSION SUMMARIES COMING SOON!
On both days Zoom opened at 12:45 pm for all attendees to have pre-conference conversations, catch-ups and networking. Starting at 1pm we had interactive larger sessions and breakout rooms for small group discussion. The emphasis wason CONNECTING, so attendees were strongly encouraged to attend the entirety of both days. However, to prevent Zoom fatigue, the average session was 30-mins or shorter, with a range of screen-free breaks throughout.
1:00 pm | Welcome, Introductions, Logistics
• Networking Activity with John Steinmetz
• The Art of Storytelling (and why it matters now more than ever), an interactive workshop with Debbie Devine and Leon Martell
2:00 pm | From the Field (mini-sessions):
• Patch Schwadron, Senior Career Counselor, The Actors Fund
• Jesse Rosen, President and CEO, League of American Orchestras
3:00 pm | Artistry Interactions
• Drawing Our Monsters with Angela Myles Beeching
• Artists working online, conversations with members of Cheng² Duo and Third Coast Percussion
• Open Space Planning (for Day Two)
1:00 pm | Teaching Demos: working with students in this new era
• Christine Beamer, Michigan State University (advising / mentoring)
• Mike Perdue, Manhattan School of Music (collegiate ensemble)
• Drew X Coles, Teachers College, Columbia University (classroom teaching)
2:00 pm | OPEN SPACE (attendee-driven mini-sessions)
3:00 pm | Where do we go from here? (conversation)
and at 3:30 pm: "Happy (Half) Hour"
To celebrate NETMCDO's 25th anniversary this year, registration is only $25; this fee helps with yearly web tools and other administrative expenses. If this registration fee is prohibitive for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Ground Crew member will confidentially assist. As always, we are looking forward to having as many colleagues attend as is possible.